Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of levothyroxine Oral.

3/4/2009 4:00:17 PM

Reviewer: June, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I feel great! I have more energy that I have had in years, I am not falling asleep after lunch at work. I don't drink diet sodas all day and have cut down by caffine consumption by at least 1/2.

3/15/2009 10:56:11 PM

Reviewer: polychromatic, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Have been on 100 mcg for about 4 weeks now. Didn't realize how bad of shape I was in until I started feeling better. I was very depressed, hardly cry anymore. My nails no longer split and peel. My hair is still breaking some and my skin still feels like chalk but, I do still have sensitivity to cold and light. But I have lost 8 lbs in the last 2 weeks, which I am thrilled about. So far s ... Show Full Comment

3/12/2009 12:40:31 PM

Reviewer: Robi, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Have used succesfully for years with only one episode of thyroid getting too low. Was corrected and went back on same dose. Recently Rx label said not to take antacids, vitamins or herbals within 4 hours of taking this drug. After years of taking 30 min before breakfast and taking vitamins after eating I was confused. Now that label is no longer on my Rx. ????

3/10/2009 4:17:02 PM

Reviewer: laural0225, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking this med about 3weeks ago and it is a small dose 0.25 mg, however I feel weird in the head and get dizzy alot and cant sleep well. Does anyone experience this and does my dosage need changed? my dr tells me it is to small of a dose to cause side effects.

3/7/2009 11:46:08 AM

Reviewer: laynesgirl, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor told me I had a borderline underactive thyroid, as well as several small thyroid nodules. As I was experiencing many of the common symptoms of hypothyroidism, including weight gain, extremely dry skin and fatigue, my doctor gave me the option of trying the medication. I started with a low dose of 25mcg a week ago. So far, the only side effect I have noticed is dizziness, although I re ... Show Full Comment