Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of levothyroxine Oral.

3/12/2009 12:40:31 PM

Reviewer: Robi, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Have used succesfully for years with only one episode of thyroid getting too low. Was corrected and went back on same dose. Recently Rx label said not to take antacids, vitamins or herbals within 4 hours of taking this drug. After years of taking 30 min before breakfast and taking vitamins after eating I was confused. Now that label is no longer on my Rx. ????

3/10/2009 4:17:02 PM

Reviewer: laural0225, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking this med about 3weeks ago and it is a small dose 0.25 mg, however I feel weird in the head and get dizzy alot and cant sleep well. Does anyone experience this and does my dosage need changed? my dr tells me it is to small of a dose to cause side effects.

3/7/2009 11:46:08 AM

Reviewer: laynesgirl, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor told me I had a borderline underactive thyroid, as well as several small thyroid nodules. As I was experiencing many of the common symptoms of hypothyroidism, including weight gain, extremely dry skin and fatigue, my doctor gave me the option of trying the medication. I started with a low dose of 25mcg a week ago. So far, the only side effect I have noticed is dizziness, although I re ... Show Full Comment

3/4/2009 4:00:17 PM

Reviewer: June, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I feel great! I have more energy that I have had in years, I am not falling asleep after lunch at work. I don't drink diet sodas all day and have cut down by caffine consumption by at least 1/2.

3/2/2009 11:49:36 AM

Reviewer: swelcom, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
This medication has worked very well for me. I was diagnosed w/hypothyroid in 1999, after I had gained approx. 30 lbs. within a 3-4 month period and had absolutely no energy. I was put on 88 mcg of levothyroxine (synthroid) and it has worked wonders for me. I have been taking it since and will have to take it for the rest of my life.

sore foot
3 warning signs.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms and treatment.
man behind computer screen
10 possible causes.
Woman with itchy watery eyes
Common triggers.
man screaming
Making sense of symptoms.
human liver