Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of levothyroxine Oral.

3/22/2008 2:55:29 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed 7 years ago with hypothyroidism...just about six months after having my second child. I was 25 at the time with no family history. I went in because of tingling in my extremities, especially my toes. After asking lots of questions and doing blood work, my doctor gave me the results. My levels were at 67...many times higher than normal. She put me on 100 mcg of Levothroid and I ... Show Full Comment

3/21/2008 6:02:25 PM

Reviewer: lady c, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had my thyroids removed on 3/27/08, they were making me very tired, I had problems sleeping because I had problems breathing, they had grown so large that they had to be removed. Two weeks later they started me on levothyroxine 100mcg, they gave me gas, I was always burping so when I went back in two weeks they increased by dose to 150mcg. I still burp a lot but I feel better, waiting 3 wks. ... Show Full Comment

3/21/2008 9:54:45 AM

Reviewer: Dan'ljw, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Started with a .05 mg dose and experie3nced immediate dissiness. Doc lowered the dose to half a pill, dissiness persisted along with a strange feeling on reclining. Stopped pill immediately. Shortly thereafter I developed double vision. Tempting to attribute that to the drug but no proof of that. Glad to be off it.

3/15/2008 10:47:40 AM

Reviewer: wyken, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
had no symptoms of underactive thyroid, but blood tests showed it. 6 wks on .05 mg, no noticeable change. 6wks on .075 mg, did'nt fall asleep quite as fast when going to bed. 3 days on .1, could'nt sleep at all. Switching from taking it in the morning to taking the .1 at bedtime, could sleep about 4 or 5 hrs. Appear to need between .075 and .1 doseage taken at bedtime.

3/9/2008 1:56:32 PM

Reviewer: Patrice Tomlin, Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
Have been taking this medicine with the same dosage 50mg for seven years.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.