Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of levothyroxine Oral.

11/11/2007 10:32:42 AM

Reviewer: birk93, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This is the second time i have been on a thyroid med. The first i was on levethryoid. It worked wonderful, I was put on the 100 mcg at first and I lost 30 lbs in a month, then they reduced it to 85mcg. That was perfect. I felt great, my hair loss subsided, my appetite returned, and I maintained my weight. This time they put me on 50 mcg. so I am not sure how the long term will work. But overall I ... Show Full Comment

11/8/2007 8:17:21 AM

Reviewer: Min, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I feel I have gain so much weight that now I can't take any diet pills I try to exercise and Just still to tired and a shame to go out with all this extra weight. Has anyone lost the weight.

10/30/2007 11:41:50 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Have taken this over 4 years. Had an allergic reaction at first...itchiness behind knees and under arms. Seems to cause hyperthyroid symptoms and hypothyroid symptoms. My levels are normal now but we experimented for over a year to get dosage right. I still have blood tests often to check it. It seems to be a volatile drug...causing many side effects, but does help regulate thyroid levels. I ... Show Full Comment

10/26/2007 8:32:58 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
going through menopause, no periods for last 2 years,hot flashes stopped when started this medication but had my periods after 30 days

10/25/2007 10:20:39 PM

Reviewer: lml, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am on a low dosage and did not have any symptoms from hypothyroidism, but I haven't had any problems with the medication. According to my labs it's been effective at bringing my levels back to where they should be and keeping them there.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture