Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of levothyroxine oral.

9/23/2015 12:07:04 AM

Reviewer: Robin, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    At 50 years old I weighed 92 pounds. Since I am 5'2" & small frame it was perfect. Then along came The medicine. Now I weigh 150 & am miserable. I stopped it a few days ago. There has to be something else. Going to Dr. tomorrow.

9/14/2015 9:05:49 PM

Reviewer: Sassy One, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Have been on this med for 17 mos. Have gained 5 lbs. in the past month (don't know if that is meds or less stress) and sometimes shortness of breath. Visiting doctor next month.

8/22/2015 9:57:20 AM

Reviewer: RjoyD, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have a under active thyroid and I have been put on .25mcg of levothyroxine. I have been on it for 2 weeks now and the side effects seem to outweigh the benefits. Side effects for me have been: increased appetite, increased weight gain, return of depression, water retention I didn't have before, increased fatigue. Benefits for me have been: slightly calmer (that didn't last), moments of m ... Show Full Comment

6/24/2015 8:49:24 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been taking this medication for 6 years at the lowest dosage, 25 mg. I've been tested once, 6 years ago, because I was struggling with losing weight. I was put on this medicine and haven't seen any changes. I discuss this with my dr every year after blood work follow up and I'm told every time, my thyroid is fine. I think I was misdiagnosed. I can go a week without taking it and ... Show Full Comment

5/9/2015 7:36:20 AM

Reviewer: again feeling happy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Before taking this I was tired always, cold and covering up at home, gained weight, and memory questionable. Just thought it was the hours I was working, and getting older. Since taking this everything has reversed. Working out again, not cold, lost 4 lbs in a month, and can tell my brain is working again....