Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Aricept Oral.

7/27/2009 1:13:55 PM

Reviewer: sbcdo, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
My 88 y.o. Mother in law is forgetful, but still lives at home. Has trouble remembering to eat, so Aricept was started. we stopped it after two days due to Nausea, vomiting. I will oppose having it restarted, side effects being worse than the condition we're treating.

7/14/2009 3:55:04 PM

Reviewer: DAMESEAN, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
MY MOM IS 74 YEARS OLD. HER DOCTOR PUT HER ON ARICEPT TO HELP WITH HER DIMENTIA. SHE WAS ON THE MEDICINE FOR 2 DAYS AND BEGAN TO SLEEP LATER AND LATER EACH DAY. SHE WOULD TELL ME SHE FELT FUNNY AND SOMETHING WAS WRONG. I TOLD HER SHE JUST NEEDED TO GET USED TO THE NEW MEDICINE. SHE WAS ON IT FOR A TOTAL OF 9 DAYS. SHE WAS COMPLETELY MOBILE AND SELF SUFFICIENT BEFORE ARICEPT. AFTER THE 9 DAYS ON AR ... Show Full Comment

7/11/2009 9:56:54 PM

Reviewer: sa, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am a 63 and in my third year of being clear from breast cancer. It took me to clear my head. I am still having some forgetfulness and kept thinking it was the treatment. The nuerologist gave me some testing that turned out to be okay, but he still wanted me to try the Aricept. I have been having cramps and nasuea. I am not going to continue on it, unless I do get worse. I still work partime.

7/6/2009 1:09:51 PM

Reviewer: califbus@aol.com, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had very mild forgetfulness, but the Dr. picked up on it. I feel that it has helped quite a bit, but l0mg has given me diarrhia

6/27/2009 12:06:53 PM

Reviewer: Laurie Y, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
Our 89 year-old mother has been taking 10 mg of Ariept for one year. She suffers from severe diarrhea. It has also taken away her appetite. Since being on this med, her short-term memory has significantly decreased. We're not sure if it has done anything to help her, however we don't know where she'd be without it. We will pose this question to her doctor and see if we can take he ... Show Full Comment