Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Solodyn Oral.

8/8/2008 5:37:21 PM

Reviewer: grey tooth, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Prescribed for adult mid-life acne and rosacea flare up. Acne got about 90% better, but my teeth turned grey, especially in cracks. Dr said to discontinue after 5 weeks because of teeth problems. Scars and age spots/freckling is more pronounced now. Also aches, pains, blurred vision felt while taking med. I don't think the benefit outweighed the risk on this med, possibly a better med fo ... Show Full Comment

7/31/2008 10:05:04 AM

Reviewer: majestc24, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking Solodyn for about a month now. I am beginning to see some improvemenets but I am still breaking out. My derm just told me to take it for another month. I havent really had any of the side effects that most people have experience but I do experience an increase in appetite. I stopeed taking it for 1 week and my appetite returned to normal. Once i started taking the drug again, my ... Show Full Comment

7/29/2008 12:58:05 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
The only side effect I am experincing is the bad headaches. I guess the overall effectiness is worth it.

6/22/2008 2:44:23 AM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Medication worked extremely well but took a while--my side effects seem to be that I am very tired and light headed -stopped medication---also on yaz -- hope acne does not return--Have to work on clearing scars on my face-- They say it will fade eventually--

6/20/2008 3:30:41 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on Solodyn for a month now. Previously I was on Doxycycline for over a year - it was working okay, but made me quite sick when I took it on an empty stomache. Solodyn has been great. I'm taking it once a day instead of twice, the lowest (45mg) dosage. It doesn't make me sick at all and the results have been excellent. Now, if only it weren't so expensive!

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.