Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Solodyn oral.

12/24/2015 5:28:09 PM

Reviewer: dave, 13-18 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on solodyn for 12 months and I still have bad acne. No side effects though. I definitely break out when I drink alcohol, but that is probably true independent of any medication.

11/3/2015 6:00:23 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
So I finished 10 weeks of Solodyn and I'm having mixed feelings about it. I only have acne on my forehead but it's cystic acne and it breaks out pretty bad. I'm 21 and always had acne here and there but nothing to bad. This summer however I really started to break out on my forehead. I'm growing my hair out so I am wearing a lot of hats but I make sure their clean and I make sure m ... Show Full Comment

11/1/2015 11:19:14 AM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This medication was very helpful for my skin but after a week of taking it, I have lost 10 pounds and have no appetite. I currently am no longer taking it because I am worried about this side affect.

10/29/2015 1:32:47 PM

Reviewer: willows16, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Solodyn was extremely effective at clearing my acne, however after a week I had an allergic reaction, itching and hives all over my body and had to stop taking it. Hoping to find an alternative that works as well that i'm not allergic to.

9/30/2015 11:31:44 AM

Reviewer: deedeewt, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
This has been the only med to work for me. I have cystic acne. This and drinking A LOT of water every day really helps.