Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of OsmoPrep Oral.

10/1/2008 12:28:07 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am not satisfied and the doctor did not adequately explain the side effects or the potential kidney issues. Colonoscopy or not, this medication stinks.

9/17/2008 9:29:53 PM

Reviewer: Gretchen, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
It was easy to do and tastes better than the liquid stuff. I am happy with the results.

8/1/2008 9:55:47 AM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
For my 3rd colonoscopy, I chose Osmoprep so I could just drink water or tea instead of that great quantity of one, rather sweet liquid. After the firt round of 5 doses, I was naseous, headachy, and miserable. The fact the I vomited just before time to start the final round was the only thing that enabled me to finish. Felt OK in the morning and test was uneventful. Another round of nausea hit l ... Show Full Comment

6/2/2008 10:19:02 PM

Reviewer: MaggieP, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Even though I had a hard time taking all the pills, I would still choose this method over the liquid drink. The pills are large and I had to throw up after taking 20 of them; my body just rejected them. I read that vomitting was one of the side effects, so I decided to continue and take the remaining 12 pills. Bottom line: they worked with very little discomfort and I was happy with the process. ... Show Full Comment

5/5/2008 7:56:09 PM

Reviewer: Vicki L, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
The drug definitely did its job and was far better than drinking excessive amounts of disgusting liquid. However, it is now 5 days since my colonoscopy and my mouth still tastes like I am sucking on salt. I did not read this in any of the listed side effects and may call the Dr to see if there is something to be done.