Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ZOSTAVAX PF subcutaneous.

8/27/2011 2:08:08 PM

Reviewer: JustDoingWhat'sBest, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    More that a few people have shared their stories of having shingles, so I didn't want to end up like them in my senior years and I went out and was vaccinated. Prior to the vaccine, I had a complete STD workup done and my STD workup came back negative to EVERYTHING. I am starting a new relationship now and my partner and I are having STD blood workup done before we go further. Well, my Herp ... Show Full Comment

8/10/2011 2:08:21 PM

Reviewer: marggor, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Some post injection side effects that were incomfortable

7/15/2011 6:56:25 PM

Reviewer: walkorbike, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I had the shot in early June, with no discomfort or other side effects right away. However, two days later I developed a cold sore on my upper lip. Now five weeks later I have another one on the other side of my upper lip. This is not something I normally suffer, so I feel sure it is caused by the Zostavax.

6/2/2011 3:00:00 PM

Reviewer: vaccinetaker, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    About two years after taking the vaccine, I contracted genital herpes from my husband, who has had type 1 herpes most of his life. We've been married 40 years, and I never caught it until after taking the vaccine--coincidence? I don't know. The herpes is very virulent, with active symptoms lasting about a year and a half so far, docs can't help, it's resistant to all the anti-viral ... Show Full Comment

4/23/2011 9:46:47 AM

Reviewer: Ruidoso, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I received the Vostavax vaccine in just a day or so was ill, nausea, etc. Tested by physician for elevated lipase and amylase. Diagnosis: pancreatitis, unknown etiology. I have no history of any pancreatic type disorders. I believe the zostavax was the causal agent of my pancreatitis, which has resolved, but the future is unknown if there are to be any damages to the pancrease.