Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of zostavax subq.

2/4/2015 9:37:06 PM

Reviewer: Molly, 55-64 Female (Patient)

Comment:
For those who just had the injection and expressing their satisfaction, give it time. I would have said the same three years ago.......then I not only developed shingles but PHN......Merck has NO interest in follow up based on their reaction to my call. EXCRUCIATING is an understatement! If that lack of interest, I wonder how they did their studies!!!!!

1/17/2015 7:02:10 AM

Reviewer: kay, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
had vaccine 3days ago. cost $245 here in Australia. No subsidy. Today have shingles on my hand. Confirmed by my doctor. As a nurse I also was positive it was the shingles..blisters, pain, burning sensation. Actually started yesterday..day2. Spreading more today. My dr & pharmacist were shocked. As was I. Wonder how long it will last?

11/11/2014 7:17:49 PM

Reviewer: Zee, 55-64 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I had the shingle shot two years ago. I have the worst case my doctor has seen.....resistant to Lyrica etc. I am scheduled for a nerve block tomorrow since I have been MISERABLE and out of work for 6 weeks. Exhausted, feverish. Even the fetanyl patch has given me little relief. I would NOT recommend .... Do the statistics.....it only slightly lowers your odds.....

11/2/2014 7:54:47 AM

Reviewer: Brownie, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I received the vaccine 5 months ago. At the site of the injection I had a 3 inch x 1 1/2 inch raised welt that went away after 3 or 4 days. I also experienced some of the side-effects of Shingles, such as extreme fatigue and joint ache but that went away after a couple of weeks. Four months after receiving the vaccine, I began experiencing itching that can start on any part of my body but prima ... Show Full Comment

10/12/2014 9:42:41 PM

Reviewer: Jzee, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I had the vaccine three years ago. Last week I started with a strange tingly/bruised feeling on my back....within three days, I had an excruciating "heart attack" type pain in my chest.....I was hospitalized after several tests ruling out heart and no response to GI treatment....a few days later, I developed what could finally be diagnosed as shingles......it is a very painful case with ... Show Full Comment

bloodstream
Tips to help prevent clots.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
Live and thrive.
gloved hand holding syringe
10 preventable diseases.
man eating meal
Folates, green tea and more.
Woman with stressed, fatigue
Get relief tips.
restroom sign
Food and drinks that make you go.
Understanding RA.