Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of zostavax subq.

8/10/2011 2:08:21 PM

Reviewer: marggor, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Some post injection side effects that were incomfortable

7/15/2011 6:56:25 PM

Reviewer: walkorbike, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had the shot in early June, with no discomfort or other side effects right away. However, two days later I developed a cold sore on my upper lip. Now five weeks later I have another one on the other side of my upper lip. This is not something I normally suffer, so I feel sure it is caused by the Zostavax.

6/2/2011 3:00:00 PM

Reviewer: vaccinetaker, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
About two years after taking the vaccine, I contracted genital herpes from my husband, who has had type 1 herpes most of his life. We've been married 40 years, and I never caught it until after taking the vaccine--coincidence? I don't know. The herpes is very virulent, with active symptoms lasting about a year and a half so far, docs can't help, it's resistant to all the anti-viral ... Show Full Comment

4/23/2011 9:46:47 AM

Reviewer: Ruidoso, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I received the Vostavax vaccine in just a day or so was ill, nausea, etc. Tested by physician for elevated lipase and amylase. Diagnosis: pancreatitis, unknown etiology. I have no history of any pancreatic type disorders. I believe the zostavax was the causal agent of my pancreatitis, which has resolved, but the future is unknown if there are to be any damages to the pancrease.

2/2/2011 4:58:44 PM

Reviewer: Zoster, 55-64 Male (Patient)

Comment:
I had the vaccine administered to me at around noon on a Friday. The next day I felt nauseous after lunch and by nightfall I had pain in my upper left abdominal area and I was vomiting so badly that there was green bile in the vomitus. I finally had to visit the ER and was admitted to the hospital with severe pain dur to Acute Pancreatitis. I recovered after three days and my regular MD showed ... Show Full Comment

sore foot
3 warning signs.
mature woman holding fan in face
Symptoms and treatments.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms and treatment.
man behind computer screen
10 possible causes.
Woman with itchy watery eyes
Common triggers.
man screaming
Making sense of symptoms.
human liver
What puts you at risk?
restroom sign
Food and drinks that make you go.
Understanding RA.