Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Vivitrol IM.

9/26/2012 1:30:33 PM

Reviewer: warren, 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
i feel tired and sleepy, have loss of appetite

8/27/2012 9:16:46 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Drank almost every day. Cant/dont want to drink anything when I take this shot.

8/22/2012 2:03:42 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
shot works great.Wonder Drug!!!!been a month, cravings are rare and disappear quickly. tried to drink to see what would happen. It tasted weird, I felt weird and poured it out. don't know yet if insurance will pay for it but it is a life saver. Do be careful when anesthetics are used by Dr, or Dentist. Make sure they know you are on the drug.My face went numb once from an injection in my hip. ... Show Full Comment

2/11/2012 8:45:41 AM

Reviewer: Wrhvivitrol, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was a frequent "slip-er" regarding alcohol use. I asked my Dr. about a drug possibility and he recommended Vivitrol. After some wrangling to get my insurance to cover it (which they do) I took it for 3 months (3 injections) along with counseling and involvement in AA and I am feeling great with very little craving. My craving happens when I am in unhealthy places, there are no cravings ... Show Full Comment

11/23/2010 8:42:45 PM

Reviewer: person197, 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had been taking Naltrexone 50MG oral for a while until I discovered if I just stopped taking it when I wanted to drink, I would drink again. This would lead to a binge. I sought out Vivitrol since it would not allow me to have the choice. The shot was almost painless! I didn't have any nausea just a little drowsiness. I haven't had any desire for a drink just yet!

Does your kid have symptoms?