Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Chantix Oral.

10/21/2014 11:57:04 PM

Reviewer: notochantix1234, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
My wife quit smoking, but a month into her treatment on chantix, she had a psychotic episode and became very violent towards me and manic. I do not recommend this this drug to anyone who doesn't want to lose it.

10/6/2014 11:46:02 PM

Reviewer: Barb, 55-64 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
OMG !! Thank you for putting this drug out there....i tried so many things too quit....and Chantix worked ..its going on 4 yrs now :) SO HAPPY !! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOu !!!

9/25/2014 9:51:44 AM

Comment:
I smoked for 28 years and had to tried to quit before. With Chantix I had no side effects and quit in the middle of the second week. I have not smoked in two years! Here is one thing to think about: Chantix may take away your immediate need to smoke, but ultimately success is dependent on your desire to remain smoke free. Chantix is not a substitute for will-power.

9/22/2014 11:38:16 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have quit smoking with chantix. I had no horrible side effects that people worry so much about. Only slight nausea. I cut all pills in half so only took .5mg for 10 weeks. I recommend weaning off the pill and not stopping cold turkey. Talk to your doctor about this. The last 2 weeks I weaned off with a 1/4 of a pill every day one time a day and the last week a 1/4 of a pill every other day. Then ... Show Full Comment

9/22/2014 11:02:51 AM

Reviewer: Karrie, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was scared to death taking this medication! After all the reviews and weighing the pros and cons I'm glad I did it. I however only used this for a few weeks. I did have some bad days when I thought I wasn't going to make it and smoking would be better ( not really). I know it's just your mind playing tricks on you! I made my husband promise to take me to the doctors if I acted weird. ... Show Full Comment

Woman running
Boost Your Metabolism.
Tips to kick the habit.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
fat caliper
Check your BMI.
man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.