Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Chantix oral.

12/27/2015 11:52:09 AM

Reviewer: Charlies mom , 45-54 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I smoked for 32 yrs ,when I quit I was smoking 3 pks a day.My son was diagnosed with brain cancer and he begged me to quit . I tried everything but couldn't . 1 yr before he passed I started chantix and have never looked back . Even with the passing of my son I never thought about going back. My only problem was with the vivid nightmares . I have now been smoke free for 7 yrs and couldn't ... Show Full Comment

11/23/2015 10:06:20 PM

Reviewer: Happy, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had migraines and bad stomachaches. I also felt like I wasn't fully asleep. After 2 weeks of treatment I quit chantix and smoking. I'm very happy, it wasn't easy but totally worth it.

11/14/2015 6:52:05 AM

Reviewer: 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
I smoked for 40 years tried everything to quit even hypnosis,didn't work.saw the ad on tv so I ask my doctor for a prescription.Took the pills for about a month and was cured.i have been smoke free since 2008,so going on 8 years and have no desire to ever light up again.thanks Tom Louiselle

11/3/2015 2:42:22 PM

Reviewer: jmatt64, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Hi all, been a 1pk a day smoker for years. Taking Chantix now for 8 weeks and have not had any urge to have one. I have been seriously bloated/nauseated along with being wired/on edge. Also having the vivid dreams. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I will beat this and NEVER go back!

11/2/2015 3:34:53 PM

Reviewer: kcboston, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking it in 2009. I had no hope at all. I was a 2 pack/day heavy smoker for 22 years. I took it for the week you can smoke with it and still thought it wouldn't work although the cigs didn't taste as good. I stopped smoking per the directions the next week and haven't smoked since April 28, 2009. I cannot believe it. Side effects: physically I had some flatulence and felt s ... Show Full Comment