Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Chantix Oral.

11/10/2007 12:54:43 AM

Reviewer: refbum, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Over 25 years of smoking a pack a day. If only I could stop or cut down. Somedays I'd light a cigarette and have no idea why I lit it. I was overweight and having trouble breathing yet I lit a cigarette. I started a few other methods and they did not work. I started taking Chantix and after about 1 week, I noticed I wasn't even reaching for my cigarettes as much. I was now smoking ... Show Full Comment

11/8/2007 11:46:20 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Chantix worked very well to help me quit smoking. I took the medication as directed for 2-3 months and have been 100% nicotine free since March 2007. It did not at all minimize my cravings but it did make cigarettes taste like "air" and not enjoyable. Please try it - any short term discomfort you may have to go through is so much better than smoking!!!!

11/8/2007 12:55:42 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I took Chantix for 6 weeks. I did have headaches,muscle aches, weird dreams and constipation but did not want to smoke at all. I would suggest not drinking alcohol with it.

11/8/2007 12:52:18 PM

Reviewer: beanwagon, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
The side effects I have experienced are well worth quitting smoking. The nausea gets pretty intense for me, but only if I don't eat before the medicine. I have had lots of vivid dreams, but I think that's cool. I think Chantix is great!

11/8/2007 12:20:57 PM

Reviewer: Dr. W.H. Love, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This drug does give me a feeling of "being high". But it beats the heck out of smoking yourself to death. I do worry some may become addicted to this "high" whether it be physical or psychological. I would not recommend this drug to mentally fragil individuals.