Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of doxycycline calcium Oral.

4/11/2008 12:08:06 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I took this for acne that I had on my back, and it never helped, only gave me an unwanted yeast infection.

3/26/2008 8:33:35 PM

Reviewer: bear, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have acne since in my teens. I am now in my mid 30s. I am currently taking doxycycline (100 mg cap) for one month and there is slight improvement to clearing my acne issue. I take this med on empty stomach based on recommendation from this website to maximize the med full effectiveness. The med did give me a slight headache but I was able to tolerate it. If you can take it on an empty stoma ... Show Full Comment

3/21/2008 11:39:54 PM

Reviewer: holbiemom, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Made me dizzy so I started to take it before going to slee. Did not know I shouldn't do that. Started to have problems with my esophagas. Burning - felt like a bubble that would not come out. Cold not eat for over a week. Could not get food down. very painful. No one could tell me what to do to make it better. I would thing someone should know. Never take it again

3/7/2008 10:41:25 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've used a LOT of things for acne, I havent been on this medication for long and have noticed a difference in the softness of my skin. For the first time I have clearer skin without having to cover it up with makeup.

3/2/2008 12:27:29 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been using the medication for a week and have seen no results. Around my mouth area looks worse than ever. I eat a small snack before taking medication. Should I give the medication more time to work?? And, how long does the medication usually takes to work??