Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Implanon subdermal.

9/24/2015 10:54:08 PM

Reviewer: Becka, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had this for 3 months. I did not like it. The first 6 weeks was fine but then I started bleeding 5 days a week all month long. I woke up sick every morning. I was extremely moody and depressed.

9/5/2015 7:43:06 PM

Reviewer: Gelly, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
As far as effectiveness goes, I have not gotten pregnant which may be attributed to the fact that I don’t get to have sex all that often. My fiancé and I are basically abstinent because I have a period for a month at a time all the time. So that's why I gave 4 stars. The ease of use for the implant is fine, no issues for difficulties directly related to the implant itself. Although, h ... Show Full Comment

8/17/2015 10:32:10 AM

Reviewer: ORCHID WARRIOR, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I AM GIVING THIS DRUG FULL STARS, BECAUSE THERE ARE OBVIOUS BASHERS WITH OTHER MOTIVES. I AM AT THE END OF MY TERM WITH THIS ONE. IT'S MY FIRST TIME TRYING IT, AND HONESTLY THE LONG CONSECUTIVE MONTHS WITHOUT A PERIOD WAS THE BEST. ONCE, I HAD ALMOST A YEAR WITH ONLY ONE OR TWO. I AM ALSO VERY HEALTH, WITH NO WEIGHT ISSUES. WE ALL HAVE TO CONTROL OUR BODIES, AND I THOUGHT THE WARNED SIDE AFFEC ... Show Full Comment

8/2/2015 2:45:38 PM

Reviewer: luckybroad1616, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Ive had Implanon for a little over a year now and I love it. I dont have my period at all, which is my only worry for blood clots but since its not implanted in my woman parts im not too worried. I don't have much acne but I also do eat a really healthy diet (Vegan). But I find that if I do give in and eat less healthy items, mostly fried foods, I start to break out then. I haven't gained ... Show Full Comment

7/31/2015 1:42:21 AM

Reviewer: Allie S., 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I love the easy use, and is clearly effective. But as a headache sufferer, it has been rough. The side effects I struggle with are nausea, headaches, and spotty bleeding problems. I'm a year and a half in to the 3 years and I'm ready to remove it. Sick of the nausea and headaches.