Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Implanon subdermal.

1/16/2009 4:10:34 PM

Reviewer: dont like, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
i hate it

1/16/2009 5:57:39 AM

Reviewer: lexzeppelin89, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I'm 19 years old and got the Implanon inserted beginning of Oct '08. The insertion was virtually painless, so that's a plus. Then I spotted for 3 months straight. I stuck with it, and now it's stopped. But my hair has been falling out in clumps and I'm hungry all the time. I haven't gained weight but I've tried healthy diets like Special K and I can't lose a single ... Show Full Comment

1/15/2009 11:29:11 PM

Comment:
I have been on Implanon since April 2008 and I have had a great experience with it. I am a 32 year old African-American in decent shape. I got on Implanon because I was tired of taking the pill and I did not care for the Nuvaring. For the first 3 months I had very light periods during the time I was suppose to come on. For the last 6 months I have had very light spotting (just during my normal ... Show Full Comment

1/13/2009 10:31:23 AM

Reviewer: MARIA, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I WAS ON THIS ON IT FOR MORE THEN A YEAR I HAD WEIGHT GAIN,MIGRAINS,DEPRESSION,NO SEX DRIVE ,MOODYNESS , I WOULD BLEED AT LEASTE TWICE A WEEK AND I WOULD USE A BOX A DAY OF TAMPONS I WOULD NOT USE IT AGAIN

1/12/2009 2:29:28 PM

Reviewer: dglele21, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
This was the worse idea I have ever had. Its started out good and then I noticed I began to lose my sex drive, become very moody and aggitated, develop skin problems and MY HAIR FELL OUT!!! I do not recommmend this only any level. Much easier to just take a pill....trust me!