Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Topamax Oral.

2063 Total User Reviews

12/7/2014 8:40:23 PM

Reviewer: kma, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken 50 mg twice daily for migraines for close to a year now. I had some minor side effects in the beginning of tingling in my hands and feet, but rarely happens now. I am so happy we finally found something that keeps me from getting migraines after 30+ years of suffering. I did lose weight (not such a bad effect) and soft drinks takes like metal, but that is a happy trade off.

11/19/2014 3:03:21 PM

Reviewer: gm, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This medicine made me angry. I mean I had a very hard time controlling my anger and I was getting angry for the silliest things. It also made it very hard to concentrate. I was more forgetful than normal. It did suppress my appetite.

11/18/2014 6:28:47 PM

Reviewer: sesijack, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This medicine scared the wits out of me! Within a week after starting treatment, I could not stand up straight, was running into doors, and my speech started to slur. As long as I was sitting, I could keep my balance. My co-workers thought I was having mini strokes. I had to stop taking this because I could not function.

11/9/2014 7:05:38 PM

Reviewer: Moe, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have migraines with a dizziness aura. I started taking 25mg and by the 3rd day I was stumbling in my speech, couldn't concentrate on anything and more dizzy. I was in a state of euphoria. I was a great feeling if you didn't have to work and function for a living. The doctor changed it to the 15mg but was still feeling dizzy. The main side effect. He added a dose of Gabapentin. At tha ... Show Full Comment

10/31/2014 3:39:08 PM

Reviewer: rose25, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on 25mg once a day for about a month. Fortunately I've experienced little to no side effects. Seltzer definitely tastes different, I have a hard time thinking of the right word a few times a day and I have very minor tingling in my toes. However, this dosage hasn't been very effective. I've still had several headaches per week. My doctor is upping my dose to 50mg, the h ... Show Full Comment

man rubbing painful knee