Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Topamax Oral.

2036 Total User Reviews

11/9/2007 8:40:32 PM

Reviewer: hnrrllstdnt13, Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I still get a few migraines, but I am still not at a satisfactory dosage, I'm still not quite getting along with my doctor so, that is my problem. I love the medicine.

11/9/2007 12:02:40 PM

Reviewer: debi101, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
After years as a migrain sufferer and numerous attempts at treatments my neurologist gave me Topamax. I now have relief from migrains that I have not had in years.

11/8/2007 12:24:15 AM

Reviewer: littlelenka23, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have found it difficult to get used to the twice a day schedule when before I was on the nighttime 400mg dosage with Zonegran. However, my migraines have decreased from 5-7 per week to 2-3 per week, which is a great improvement.

11/7/2007 10:10:48 PM

Reviewer: neetfreek, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Horrible side effects. I had to discontinue treatment after three weeks. I was not depressed before starting but two weeks into treatment had suicidal thoughts and unexplained crying spells. I couldn't function. I got 15 mouth ulcers, severe heartburn, diarrhea, nausea, eye tremors, hand tremors, shortness of breath, bladder infection (had not had one in eight years), anxiety and I was very ... Show Full Comment

11/7/2007 3:55:42 AM

Reviewer: lynn, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
This worked for me. The side effects didn't bother me, it seemed to put me in a better mood, and it slowed down migraines. However, I do not recommend this because a couple of months after I started this treatment, I got a kidney stone. My family doctor told me Topamax helped in causing it.