Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Topamax Oral.

2044 Total User Reviews

12/31/2007 9:00:08 AM

Reviewer: emarie, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
overall satisfied with the controll or should i say ease of the migraines ... i also have to take anti anxiety and depressants to offset but to have at least some relief from the constant migrain that would never end is good for me although i am beg. to have some kidney prob and vision prob hopefully there is a solution for all with the meds in tact.

12/30/2007 1:00:47 PM

Reviewer: raven, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
When I started Topamax was helping my headaches but the side effects were just too much for my body. I stopped eating and was having diarrhea every other day and found myself sleeping too much. Had to force myself to leave the house. I talked to the doctor but he said my body would adjust and when it didn't he said I need an Lower G I. I started cutting back and now I'm off of Topamax comp ... Show Full Comment

12/30/2007 8:14:29 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
I had minimal success with the prevention of my migraines after several months of use, but had memory loss, back pain, vision impairment, and major depression,and crying jags, unfortunately.

12/30/2007 12:41:18 AM

Reviewer: Bobbie89, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Have been in a love/hate relationship with Topomax for three years. At a higher (optimal) dose, my migraines are completely stopped - it works like a miracle! However, I can't think, remember or speak clearly. And I'm so abrasive no one can stand to be around me. I've found a happy medium, and combined with an antidepressant to help offset the mood issue, I do pretty well. Sure wish th ... Show Full Comment

12/29/2007 7:56:59 PM

Comment:
It makes me feel somewhat spacy and stupid. Also quite naseuous after I eat anything. Headaches have gotten less frequent but still occur.