Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Topamax oral.

1/23/2008 5:45:34 AM

Reviewer: litlpapa, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    this medication did not work for me. it drained me of all my energy and left an after taste always. i spent about three months trying to make this work for my migraines but i just could not live with the side affects.

1/21/2008 10:47:34 AM

Reviewer: cruiser, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on Topamax for over 4 years. I have lost weight. In the first 2 months I was using it I lost 25lbs. I have quit smoking from it, It will be 4 years 1/30/08. I was prescribed it for migraines that I have had since 94. It has helped to alleviate the migraines but not completely take them away. The have put other drugs with topamax to help but overall I think topamax is what kept the ... Show Full Comment

1/19/2008 8:28:10 PM

Reviewer: Business Consultant work with businesses, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on the drug for over 4 years now. I have noticed major memory problems for the past 2 years and have thought about going off the drug. It is hard to focus at work and can't remember peoples names or certain events. Word finding, aggressive sometimes. It does help with the headaches though. I am often confused and find it hard to concentrate.

1/18/2008 10:12:59 PM

Reviewer: sandy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    been taking topamax for six months for migraines. The side effects have finally been to much to handle. I have lost most of the hair on my head and all my total body hair. I can't sweat so when I get hot or take a hot shower I have the sensation of being attacked by a swarm of bees, which is very painful. I have some of the other side effects like most of the people responding here. Like tin ... Show Full Comment

1/18/2008 10:05:36 AM

Reviewer: Katinthecorner, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I got pretty much every side effect on the list. I didn't make it past 10 days because it was aggrevating my clinical depression. It completely messed with my Birth control pills. It also dropped my IQ by 40 points. HATED IT! But no psych drug works for everyone, so on to the next!