Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Topamax Oral.

2035 Total User Reviews

5/4/2014 2:56:39 PM

Reviewer: RJinVegas, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Wow, what a roller coaster ride! Started on 25mg, no effect, then 50, 200 finally 400. It did stop the cluster headaches, but! Extreme confusion, serious loss of hearing, forgetfulness, couldn't remember my phone number! My wife wouldn't let me drive at 400mg, I was dangerous, parking became very difficult. In the end, I was down to 50mg a day, Doc said that wasn't causing any side eff ... Show Full Comment

4/27/2014 1:06:23 AM

Reviewer: Jessica, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
I've been taking Topamax for almost 2 months now. I was on 200 mg a day 100 in the morning and 100 at night, to prevent migrains and i was still having them... now im on 400 mg a day and now ive been a week with no migrains! yay! what a relief! thanks topamax! or dopamax! makes me feel old. even tho im constantly tired, forgetful, and sluggish... im thankful im not crippled by my migrains. :)

4/22/2014 5:06:23 PM

Comment:

Condition: Migraine Prevention
4/13/2014 5:56:56 PM

Reviewer: Butterflies, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on this medication now for year and nine months I did have some side effects at first but they did subside I was getting anywhere from 12-20 migraines a month now I just get 2-3 and 2 are from menstruation when my doctor switched me to topiramate the generic brand my hair did start falling out and I did start hallucinating with a bad migraine if I missed a dose happened twice to me I ... Show Full Comment

4/10/2014 5:20:11 PM

Reviewer: Deb, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
It was an effective treatment until recent increase in dosage, it seems the trick is finding the delicate balance of effectiveness of dosage and minimization of side effects which are troublesome at times. Fatigue, tingling in extremities and nausea were my biggest ones. Did help decrease migraines emmensly tho.