Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Topamax oral.

2060 Total User Reviews

12/18/2014 12:56:43 PM

Reviewer: TNT, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Started at 25mg and went to 75mg now I am back down to 25mg because of the side effects, saw a reduction in the migraines but when I did get one the intensity was worse than without being on Topamax. I have experienced dizziness this included running into walls and doorways, forgetfulness, numbness and tingling in the hands and feet, mood swings and not to mention sexual side effects. Not sure if ... Show Full Comment

12/15/2014 6:56:49 AM

Reviewer: Seven, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years

Comment:
I have been on topamax now for about five years. Migraines with auras were beginning to cause mini strokes. I was getting them more often and causing problems. This drug works. It just takes time to get over some of the annoying side affects. While trying to get use to this drug, I tried taking only at night, which did not work, migraines came back. Sometimes if the side effects aren't as bad ... Show Full Comment

12/7/2014 8:40:23 PM

Reviewer: kma, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken 50 mg twice daily for migraines for close to a year now. I had some minor side effects in the beginning of tingling in my hands and feet, but rarely happens now. I am so happy we finally found something that keeps me from getting migraines after 30+ years of suffering. I did lose weight (not such a bad effect) and soft drinks takes like metal, but that is a happy trade off.

11/19/2014 3:03:21 PM

Reviewer: gm, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This medicine made me angry. I mean I had a very hard time controlling my anger and I was getting angry for the silliest things. It also made it very hard to concentrate. I was more forgetful than normal. It did suppress my appetite.

11/18/2014 6:28:47 PM

Reviewer: sesijack, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This medicine scared the wits out of me! Within a week after starting treatment, I could not stand up straight, was running into doors, and my speech started to slur. As long as I was sitting, I could keep my balance. My co-workers thought I was having mini strokes. I had to stop taking this because I could not function.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture