Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Topamax oral.

2036 Total User Reviews

10/15/2007 10:38:59 AM

Reviewer: Lori, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years

Comment:
My first 1 1/2 yrs on Topamax were good, but as time went by I had to keep increasing the dosage. Although I saw a marked decrease in migraines, I lost more that 20 lbs, and had memory issues, but it wasn't until the heart palpatations began that my troubles really began.I now live with constant PVC's, have undergone countless tests and after two years off the drug the PVC's continue, ... Show Full Comment

10/15/2007 8:55:14 AM

Reviewer: Rosie, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
It helped me with my migraines but I had severe swelling in legs and feet, several periods of crying w/times of ready to leave my family,not able to concentrate or able to think of everyday normal words to use. I was only on this medication for no more than 5-6 days and even now which is 2 wks later I am still battling the severe swelling in my legs and feet. I took myself off this asap.

10/14/2007 8:34:02 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
At first, this seemed like the best thing ever, even with the side effects of dizziness, confusion, and weight loss. After 18 months, energy was still sooooo low, and weight went back on (and then some). Am looking into the possibility that it caused thyroid issues since I now diet and exercise and keep gaining weight. Decreased migraine frequency moderately, but I chose to cease medication.

10/13/2007 7:57:29 AM

Reviewer: couch819, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
If you can get past the initial side effects, ie. numbness, tingling it is all worth to have the migraines under control. Don't get me wrong I hate how stupid I can feel sometimes when I can't think of a word I'm trying to use, but overall it is worth it. =)

10/10/2007 11:52:45 PM

Reviewer: justforeme2, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
In the begining it was very hard for my body to adjust to this new medication it took about 3 mos and I lost 20 lbs and I only had migraines during that time of the mo. I still get them but not so bad and I still have to take a Imitrex so whats the point ,but thats just me everyone is diffrent it may work for you good luck in what ever you choose Migraines are no fun and I people will try anything ... Show Full Comment