Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of levofloxacin oral.

5/17/2015 6:08:49 PM

Reviewer: tootsqueakyt27gey, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
after taking I pill a day for 3 days my hearing in my right ear went out. I could not hear. stopped taking pill and went to the dr. he said everything was alright and continue taking them.after 3 hours of taking 1 pill my hearing got worse again an was told to stop . I was given a steroid to take for 7 days and MY HEARING HAS NOT GOTEN ANY BETTER over the last 9 days. I am really upset that I wou ... Show Full Comment

3/29/2015 5:15:59 PM

Reviewer: Kaye H, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This is a very strong anti biotic with strong side effects for me. I was in such pain the fourth day I could barely walk...climbing stairs in my own home was extremely difficult. Shoulders, lower back, knees, ankles and even my wrists were throbbing in uncharacteristic pain. I finally figured it out and stopped taking it...but had only one day left. It did seem to help my infection, that' ... Show Full Comment

3/4/2015 12:14:47 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
On day 9 became dizzy, more dizzy on day 10. Have been dizzy for 17 days now and this has not gone away. Also had severe joint pain in hips and shoulders and could not sleep which now has gotten better. DO NOT USE YHIS RX!

2/10/2015 11:04:29 PM

Reviewer: Nana H, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Cleared my head and throat but extremely glad to have taken the last dose as my heart rate is accelerated at times and I have experienced pain in my elbow and arms and hands: areas of arthritis and such enhanced. As I have finished the pills I feel this should lessen.

1/11/2015 12:32:20 AM

Reviewer: nancyj1217, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After taking one dose of 500 mg, I began to have an awful metallic taste in my mouth along with nausea. It has also prevented me from sleeping, which I never had a problem with before. It's been 24 hours, and the bad taste is still there along with light headedness. I would never take this medication again.