Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of levofloxacin oral.

8/25/2014 6:30:21 PM

Reviewer: Dar, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
OMG I cannot believe everyone is having the same effects from this drug. I, as everyone else,trusted my doctor that this was the right drug for my strep throat. Unfortunately I finished the whole prescription before reading these reviews. I only had 10 pills prescribed to me and had noticed 4 days ago that I was having some unbearable pain in my shoulders and my back, not to mention the elevated ... Show Full Comment

6/10/2014 2:57:49 PM

Reviewer: Manana, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Maybe I am just one of those people that this drug does not help well, but I was given a week's supply for bronchitis and six days into it I am not any better.

5/26/2014 11:42:19 AM

Reviewer: Robin, 65-74 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I was worried when I read the side effects but figured my Dr. knew best. Wrong. I had been in a physical therapy program for 3 months with great results. Soon after starting this drug I had difficulty lifting my regular weights at PT. Within a week, my entire body was stiff and sore & I couldn't figure out why. They I developed pain in my upper arm. Two days later while doing housework the ... Show Full Comment

2/13/2014 6:55:36 AM

Reviewer: LARL, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Have taken 3 of 5 prescribed doses. Cannot sleep. Have sores in my mouth. Bronchitis seems to be clearing but am sure sleeping would help me get better faster.

1/13/2014 4:49:16 PM

Reviewer: bert, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This drug made me dizzy, weak, no strength in my arms or legs, muscle weakness, nauseous, rapid heart beats,and I could not function. I am 71 years old and was with the understanding that it should not be give to anyone over age 60. I took four of the seven pills given me. NEVER want to have to take this drug again!!!! I didn't want to give it ANY stars!!!!