Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of JANUVIA Oral.

4/9/2008 5:17:02 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
worked some for a week or so than I soared to over 350. Felt sleepy, leg cramps, cough and cold sx. Too expensive and did not work. Back to the drawing board.

4/3/2008 4:19:25 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have a family history of diabetes. My mother died seven years ago from diabetic related system failure, my father is on high doses of pills, and my brother is on an insulin pump. I had been usually in the 80's or 90's. A few weeks ago I had a fasting blood test the results were 182 my doctor said to take another one about a wk later after trying to watch my diet better, it came down to ... Show Full Comment

4/3/2008 10:17:57 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been sick from the 3rd day. Stuffy nose, chest congestion, caugh, sore throat. I get almost well then it comes right back. Sugars are stable, a bit high in the mornings but overall better. NO LOWS. But I can't stand staying sick. I have also had 3 eye infections in the 2 months I've been on it. Not sure if it is related, but I've never had one before. Dr. is going to try me ... Show Full Comment

4/2/2008 1:33:31 PM

Reviewer: Nancy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I;ve been taking this drug for 4 months and have found out it has not been tested fully. There are now studies showing Januvia can compromise your immune system. Great, just one more thing to worry about.

3/28/2008 10:51:53 AM

Reviewer: JerryJolley, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
This drug has changed my life. I am 50 and had taked everything, Rosiglitozone, pioglitozone, gliburide, metformin, you name it. Nothng worked, my blood sugar always ran between 160 and up, hba1c 7.5 to 8.5. Now I take 1000mg metformin and 100(1tab) Januvia and HBA1C is 5 - 5.2 consistantly and I feel 10yrs younger. Saved my life!!!