Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Januvia oral.

1/31/2016 3:18:31 PM

Reviewer: upset, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Abdominal pain nausea. My globular filtration rate went from 82 to 44 after two months. A second test a month later and it was 44. He has not yet retested for protein in my urine, but there is now foam in my urine.

1/10/2016 4:08:45 PM

Reviewer: Leah, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Januvia has been great for me so far. No side effects and it quickly lowered my glucose levels. The in home self testing my levels have gone from 200-300 to 132-148. Will have my A1C tested by doc next month. It was 8.0. I take 1 100mg tablet a day after dinner. Metformin was a horrible drug for me. Couldnt tolerate at all. Burning legs and arms and severe stomach issues. Stopped a few days after ... Show Full Comment

12/24/2015 7:43:00 AM

Reviewer: Chaz, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was taking januvia for high blood sugar levels called pre diabetes . I have been on it for over 5 years . In the last couple of years I have been suffering with very painful ice cold hands most of the time . I went for all kind of tests with no answers . As I have had bad side effects with other drugs I thought I would skip the januvia for a time . After about two weeks off januvia my hands star ... Show Full Comment

11/6/2015 10:41:32 PM

Reviewer: Emma, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
first my A1C was 5.8 and I was taking Metformin only. My doctor added Januvia 50mg 2 times a day. I could not afford the drug so called drug company who offered the drug for free after meeting their requirements. My A1C is now 5.2 and with exercise I have lost10 lbs. I did have side effects such a fatigue and headaches but the symptoms lasted a short time. As soon as my A1C is stable I will d ... Show Full Comment

10/31/2015 11:22:06 AM

Reviewer: rschie, 65-74 Male (Patient)

Comment:
Good side effects: weight loss and works good as a laxative. Bad points: cost and lack of effectiveness as a glucose controlling drug