Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Januvia Oral.

9/21/2008 8:47:24 AM

Reviewer: skrible81, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was on Januvia for about 1 months when I started having left neck swelling and excruciating pain which quickly affected the entire left side of my face to the point where I couldn't keep my left eye open. I had trouble swallowing. Ibuprofen helped the pain, but ultimately I had to quit Januvia.

9/18/2008 6:49:10 PM

Reviewer: FuzzyFarm, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Woo hoo! No more debilitating diarrhea and stupor (glucophage & Metformin), no more excruciating pain, swelling and bloatedness (Actos), and no more blood sugar readings all over the chart! I am ecstatic and extremely pleased with Januvia! This drug is the first to successfully lower my blood sugar readings to within normal ranges after fasting and even after eating... and without any side ... Show Full Comment

9/14/2008 1:13:20 PM

Reviewer: laura, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Januvia for 6 months. It took about 3 months for the sinus issues to clear. otherwise no other side effects. my a1c is 6.3% down from last test. the medication is working. I am very happy. it is costly even with insurance but Diabetes is so dangerous - it is worth it. dont give up, re: the initial side effects, they will go away.

9/8/2008 2:30:39 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking the drug for 2 months and my BS readings have dropped to within normal ranges. Side effects have been heart palpatations, loss of apetite, and nausia. I take it at night to avoid upset stomach. I Januvia along with 1500 Metformin a day. Combination seems to be working. I have had sinus infections that are difficult to eliminate.

9/8/2008 2:13:08 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Started on Januvia when it 1st came out as I was diagnosed with Type II the same week and then the company that I worked for switched insurance companies. The new company forced me to switch to Actos. I gained 35 lbs and went crazy on the doctor. Needless to say, my doctor was nice enough to find a way to get me back on Januvia. I range from 90-120 and I've lost 10 lbs. Someone should do s ... Show Full Comment

Woman running
Boost Your Metabolism.
Tips to kick the habit.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
fat caliper
Check your BMI.
man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.