Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Invega oral.

1/1/2010 12:41:02 PM

Reviewer: jen, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on this medication for over 5 months and I have gained 40lbs and know its from the medication.It does work for my condition but I can't take the weight gain and I have hypothyroid also so it makes it much worse. I have tryed dieting and exercise but it is not working.

12/15/2009 4:04:28 PM

Reviewer: 7-12 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Caregiver)

Comment:
    my dauter has been on this for about a year now it kind of helps her wiyh her mood swings but she has gaind almost 90 lbs withit her dr says its not the invega but i know it is and its not from eating to much because she dont eat alot.im thinking of takeing her off of it for a month to see what that. im not happy with this pill and would not recamind it for any child under the age of 16.

9/7/2009 8:35:12 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on invega for about 6 months. For a while I was taking 3mg then the dr. increased to 6mg due to some moody behaviors I still had however I have gained a lot of weight taking this medicine though I don't eat that much. It causes hypothyroidism I found out from my new medical doctor. I am going to go back to Geodon and see if I improve or need both meds.

9/3/2009 12:59:42 PM

Reviewer: Brian322 , 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on 3mg for 3 weeks now. It seems to be helping my manic episodes cycle faster and my aggressiveness toward others has been decreased. I guess it's ok. I will know more when my dosage gets increased next week to 6mg. Since my psychiatrist is able to provide me with samples and it replaced the Geodon I was taking, which also costs a fortune. I will continue but have some fears in rea ... Show Full Comment

8/2/2009 1:39:50 PM

Reviewer: sbd2009, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have only been taking Invega for 1 wk now, at 6 mg. The side effect that I am experiencing is that I pop up awake at 5am, and bouts of depression. Not sure why or if this side effect will taper off. But I am considering discontinue taking it. I have just heard good thing about this drug.