Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Reclast IV.

8/12/2014 2:43:27 PM

Reviewer: Marge, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am an RN, age 79. I had two doses of IV Reclast seven years ago with no bad effects.....until 2 years ago when I began to have severe pain in my shin bones. I've been to 2 medical doctors and 2 orthopedic specialists. Have had x-rays and bone scan but they show nothing but normal old bones. The docs all agree this is NOT "shin splints" but they have no idea what could cause this pa ... Show Full Comment

7/20/2014 9:31:13 AM

Reviewer: reclastwoods, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
May be too early to tell but I am having pain in a part of my back that never occurred before.

7/12/2014 8:55:13 PM

Reviewer: Old Soul, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Of course it was easy to use - it was an IV drip. It was the worst pain experience of my life. I was in bed 4 days. I called the hospital the first day and the nurse said "unfortunately, this is a side effect of the Reclast IV." My Dr. told me there was no bad side effects when I asked her. I was paralized with pain the first 2 days and totally imobile, extreme back pain, feet and especi ... Show Full Comment

7/11/2014 8:22:05 AM

Reviewer: susan, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
The treatment went very well. I felt no side effects. However after several months I noticed thinning of my hair. So much thinning that I will not take the next dose of this when the time comes.

7/7/2014 12:17:41 AM

Reviewer: Linda, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
This was my fifth infusion and only the first one caused discomfort which amounted to some dull pain in my ribs for a few days. I'm glad I continued because there was no pain at all this time. I drink lots of water before hand. I'm sure sorry to hear that others have problems. Perhaps a good report will encourage some who need this infusion.