Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Reclast intravenous.

12/27/2009 10:54:01 AM

Reviewer: Becky, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
For the first few days only flu like symptoms,I had mine in Sept.but as time has passed I am beginning to feel really bad. I hurt all over and it is very painful all over my body.I am not sure way, but the only thing I have done different is the infusion.I will not have it again.I have always been very active, but it is becoming more and more diffcult to be active.If any one else is this way pleas ... Show Full Comment

12/25/2009 11:39:57 AM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
Mu mom received this in June and her life has been forever changed. She is 78 years old, hikes 8-10 miles at a time several times per week, hikes the grand canyon annually and is in excellent shape. She now has such severe bone and muscle pain, swelling in hand and tingling in her hands. She is nearly unable to hold a pencil in her hand they are so impacted. She has had neuro and ortho work up ... Show Full Comment

1/2/2010 11:02:12 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Had a Reclast infusion in December after my osteopenia had not improved on another drug. Experienced no problems at all. Drank some extra water, but needed no Tylenol. Felt a bit fatigued for two days, but I was busy packing for a major trip and don't know if the fatigue was a result of the infusion or the packing. If it proves effective, I will happily return for another infusion next year.

12/31/2009 9:18:39 AM

Reviewer: ClanceyNH, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Unlike most people writing a review of Reclast . . . I did not have any problems. In fact, I went for a run with my 13-year-old daughter a few hours after the treatment and a movie in the evening -- plus slept normally. I had difficulty taking Actonel [monthly calcium medication] so I am optimistic about this treatment!! Bottom line: I felt zero discomfort.

12/30/2009 4:57:45 PM

Reviewer: neveragain, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took the treatment two weeks ago. The first day, I could have sworn the put a sedative in it, I was wiped out. I was tired, and couldn't concentrate very well. The next morning I woke up in severe pain all over, it was extremely hard to move. I had a hard time breathing (I wore a CPAP mask at night), I had chest pain. I called my doctor, and they called me an ambulance. On the way to the hos ... Show Full Comment