Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Reclast intravenous.

1/12/2016 2:09:49 PM

Reviewer: zgramgo, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I wouldn't advise anyone to take this drug. My life has been affected by the severe muscle cramps and joint pain in my legs, especially my right leg. I am in my 9th month and still suffering. I had the injection in April 2015 and in May I was on a walker and raised toilet seat in severe pain. I will not have a bone scan until April or May to tell if it was effective but I wouldn't ever ... Show Full Comment

12/30/2015 8:00:00 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Just had my third infusion yesterday. The only side effects I've had are mild bone and muscle aches, which are easily controlled with Tylenol. I had a bone density scan several weeks prior to this infusion, which showed that my osteoporosis has improved slightly. I plan to take it again next year.

11/19/2015 4:36:20 PM

Reviewer: virginia, 65-74 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I feel after my use of the 3rd tx. last Dec. 14. I became deathly ill. I am still very ill. I have dropped over 25 pounds in weight. I talked with drug company last year. I may need to again I am fighting a battle i eat all the time virginia

11/16/2015 12:27:24 AM

Reviewer: Buttons, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had trouble taking oral medication of this type. So, my insurance just paid for Reclast, once a year. The nurse told me before hand to drink plenty of water. Also, I took Tylenol twice a day, every 12 hours. I was expecting the worse to happen in the way of side effects, but I went on with my life as normal. No issues at all. We also made sure my Vitamin D and Calcium were in high standing. I th ... Show Full Comment

9/28/2015 10:35:36 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
4 years between IV dosage as monitored by bone densitometry. Second admin resulted in severe muscle pain in sacral and hip areas about a week post administration that was relived with Acetomenophen .