Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Butalbital Compound W/Codeine Oral.

6/25/2012 2:16:47 AM

Reviewer: Chelakarma, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I was hit by a car in 1970 and suffered a small skull fracture which resulted in frequent headaches. They did not go Migraine until some years later after a botched spinal tap. I was prescribed Fiorinal with codiene during one hospital episode and it worked quickly and effectively to relieve the pain. I will also wrap my head in ice packs which relieves the pounding and helps me relax. I have also ... Show Full Comment

9/5/2011 1:12:54 PM

Reviewer: me, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This worked better than imatrex gave it to me in the er i think it will be a life saver for me after a 7 day migraine

5/19/2010 11:39:58 AM

Reviewer: mymissy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
the generic does nothing for me, less expensive but not worth anything

11/6/2009 8:48:30 AM

Reviewer: dirtygirltara, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been getting severe headaches since having nerve blocks in my neck. I havent been able to go to the ER w/them since my insurance doesnt pay for it. I had been taken 3 tylenols at a time plus other chasers trying to stop my pain. My doc said this will help I took it and then repeated in 30 minuutes and started to c a HUGE difference I could keep my eyes open. The light didnt hurt as bad with ... Show Full Comment

2/10/2009 3:39:32 AM

Reviewer: CINDY, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Caregiver)

Comment:
AFTER TRYING SEVERAL DIFFERENT MIGRAINE MEDICATIONS, SOME OF WHICH INCLUDED ANTI-SEIZURE MEDS AND ANTI-DEPRESSANTS, BUTALBITAL WITH CODEINE HAS BEEN THE ABSOLUTE BEST WHEN IT COMES TO MIGRAINE WITH TENSION. IT CAN MAKE YOU A LITTLE SLEEPY AND DEPENDENCE IS A CONCERN, BUT, IT KEEPS ME ABLE TO WORK, BE A FUNCTIONING MOM, WIFE, AND NURSE, AND KEEPS ME OUT OF THE EMERGENCY ROOM!