Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lantus Solostar SubQ.

4/14/2010 12:33:16 PM

Reviewer: mb, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
i have been on this medication or almost 2 weeks. so far no problems except i feel cold a lot. have been taking metformin and glipizide for some time now and have adjusted the metformin to 500 mg in the a.m. and 1000 mg at bedtime along with my injection.

4/6/2010 1:47:08 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on lantus for about a week, with excellent results. For the first time in 20 years i feel I will be able to control my sugars!!

2/24/2010 3:48:22 PM

Reviewer: RICK, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been using Lantus for 1 and 1/2 months. I still take metforman and glimperide daily. It appears to have improved and stabilized my blood sugar. I do still have some issues with getting a good nights rest but I'm not certain it is due to the Lantus. I hope to be able to get off the pills all together. So far so good and I do have more energy now than before.I do not any negitive things t ... Show Full Comment

2/17/2010 9:07:09 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
My wife complains of a serious bad breath coming from me she says its a horrible chemical smell worse than mothballs and she avoids getting close to me. We know its the insulin because the odor went away when I stopped taking it for a few days when starting Atkins diet. Anyone else experience the horrible breath odor, I do not smell it of course but she is aghast!

10/27/2009 3:54:05 AM

Reviewer: discoverwithinyou, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed in 2000 and my doctors tried every oral pill and combination to control my levels. I been taking Lantus for 1 year now up to 50 ml with morning injections. My levels still over 250 even after loosing 40 lbs. Still experiencing light headedness at 250, can't inject at night due to crazy dream state that keeps me awake so I inject in the morning. Doctors are baffled with my r ... Show Full Comment

man rubbing painful knee