Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lantus Solostar subcutaneous.

2/24/2010 3:48:22 PM

Reviewer: RICK, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been using Lantus for 1 and 1/2 months. I still take metforman and glimperide daily. It appears to have improved and stabilized my blood sugar. I do still have some issues with getting a good nights rest but I'm not certain it is due to the Lantus. I hope to be able to get off the pills all together. So far so good and I do have more energy now than before.I do not any negitive things t ... Show Full Comment

2/17/2010 9:07:09 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    My wife complains of a serious bad breath coming from me she says its a horrible chemical smell worse than mothballs and she avoids getting close to me. We know its the insulin because the odor went away when I stopped taking it for a few days when starting Atkins diet. Anyone else experience the horrible breath odor, I do not smell it of course but she is aghast!

10/27/2009 3:54:05 AM

Reviewer: discoverwithinyou, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I was diagnosed in 2000 and my doctors tried every oral pill and combination to control my levels. I been taking Lantus for 1 year now up to 50 ml with morning injections. My levels still over 250 even after loosing 40 lbs. Still experiencing light headedness at 250, can't inject at night due to crazy dream state that keeps me awake so I inject in the morning. Doctors are baffled with my r ... Show Full Comment

10/26/2009 11:53:24 PM

Reviewer: tabloveseeyore, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    when i started this med my bs was running between 300 to 500. within 3 weeks i run about 111 at 41 units. easy med and convenant.

8/23/2009 8:06:23 PM

Reviewer: Lesterthv@aol.com, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    problem I have tremendious stomach cramps and a lot of gas. starts almost emediately after taking injection 20 ml at a time