Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lantus Solostar subQ.

1/22/2012 3:14:00 PM

Reviewer: Happy Camper, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I gave it only 2 stars on question 2 because I have just started on the med and have yet to get the right dose. I will see my Doc in two days and I am sure we will adjust the dosage up by 10 units. I have hated needles my whole life and was afraid 15 years ago when I found out I was diabetic that I would start out with injections. I did well for the first 14 plus years until I retired . My number ... Show Full Comment

5/4/2011 4:18:52 PM

Reviewer: jack, 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
i have been using lantus for 3 days now and already notice blood sugars going down nice and evenly, and i have more energy in the am now,what a good med.

4/22/2011 1:15:29 PM

Reviewer: on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
i have been taking lantus insulin injections for eight years now and i am starting to experience stiffiness and pain in my feet and lower legs

4/21/2011 5:28:58 PM

Reviewer: icatsneeze, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
diagnosed the week before Christmas!ughh! but at my first 3 month check A1C dropped from 10.7 to 6.5 taking metformin 2x daily and Lantus 69 (clicks) 1x right before bed. Also seriously counting carbs and exercising have also lost #40... I feel as though I'm headed in the right direction :))

2/13/2011 1:28:32 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Lantus has effectively reduced my A1C levels and helps maintain blood sugar levels below 110. Unfortunately, Maryland Health Insurance Plan will not cover cost for this drug. the cost is prohibitively expensive, I just can't affort it.