Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mucinex D Maximum Strength Oral.

10/5/2011 8:38:04 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I love this medication. Was thrilled when it was available OTC. It works great and within a short time. I have had no side effects from it at all. Never have. The best cold med on the market;-)

8/22/2011 6:23:53 PM

Reviewer: on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
I agree with the other reviews. I just took one dose and it made SOOOOO sleepy. I also have a slight headache which I will now probably pop a tylenol as other reviewers have suggested. Do not operate machinery or drive a car with this. The CVS where I bought it requires ID to show you're over 1; now I understand why. I am sooo loopy and sleepy, I feel like I'm on a cloud. Stuffiness, cough ... Show Full Comment

11/23/2010 10:35:29 AM

Reviewer: mucinexzzz, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken Mucinex for many colds and sinus infections and it really works with breaking up the congestion in my chest and sinuses. One thing I noticed that is different for me than what other reviewers are noting is that I seem to get the best sleep with this medication. It makes me feel a bit drowsy and because of that I only take 1 a day when I am having a cold or sinus problems (I take it ... Show Full Comment

5/17/2010 5:29:00 PM

Reviewer: SM22, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
This pill is very effective, so long as you catch it early, but I only take one pill a day due to the side effects that everyone has already listed. I do get headaches from it sometimes, but nothing tylenol won't help. I also agree that it's way too big, but overall I have been happy with this.

2/12/2010 3:51:08 AM

Reviewer: ME, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I love Maximum Strength Mucinex D. It is the only thing that works for my during colds and it unusually prevents me from getting sinus infections. My MD used to prescribe a RX that was the same ingredients. I wished the Pills were a bit smaller, but I still love it.