Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mucinex D Maximum Strength Oral.

11/23/2010 10:35:29 AM

Reviewer: mucinexzzz, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken Mucinex for many colds and sinus infections and it really works with breaking up the congestion in my chest and sinuses. One thing I noticed that is different for me than what other reviewers are noting is that I seem to get the best sleep with this medication. It makes me feel a bit drowsy and because of that I only take 1 a day when I am having a cold or sinus problems (I take it ... Show Full Comment

5/17/2010 5:29:00 PM

Reviewer: SM22, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
This pill is very effective, so long as you catch it early, but I only take one pill a day due to the side effects that everyone has already listed. I do get headaches from it sometimes, but nothing tylenol won't help. I also agree that it's way too big, but overall I have been happy with this.

2/12/2010 3:51:08 AM

Reviewer: ME, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I love Maximum Strength Mucinex D. It is the only thing that works for my during colds and it unusually prevents me from getting sinus infections. My MD used to prescribe a RX that was the same ingredients. I wished the Pills were a bit smaller, but I still love it.

1/7/2010 4:40:58 PM

Reviewer: Sue, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Definitely not worth the minimal benefits. I have taken it twice a day for 2 days. I can't remember ever sleeping as poorly as I have the last two nights. I was awake at least every hour. Dried out my throat and I would wake up feeling like I was going to choke. I felt chilled at times, although I have had no fever. The second night, I had severe stomach pain all night---like nothing I&# ... Show Full Comment

10/25/2009 4:08:59 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
The only two things I have against Mucinex D is the fact that the pill is so ridiculously huge and that every mucusy orifice will smell like the medication... if you know what I mean. Remember to drink PLENTY of water with it!

Does your kid have symptoms?