Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Dilantin Kapseal oral.

2/9/2014 4:19:32 PM

Reviewer: hkic1, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this medication since I was 13 years old as I was diagnosed with epilepsy at 10 and have been on phenobarbital 3 times daily and Dilantin the same and when it came me to drive at 14 my Dr. tried Diamox 250 twice a day and that seemed to keep me seizure free and I have driven since I was 15 and am now 55. I have only had 1 seizure due to missing my Diamox so I very good about taking ... Show Full Comment

10/18/2012 8:07:46 PM

Reviewer: tges, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Due to the fluctuation in levels I am on a alternating odd day/even day dosing which at times can be confusing but does help me from having any toxic side effects.

7/23/2012 5:55:01 PM

Reviewer: Butterflyangel, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken this medication along with phenobarbital for a little over 40 yrs. It is taken for Grand Mal seizures. I have been seizure free for almost 20 yrs now. It works.....with one BIG problem! I have developed nueropathy as a result of that long term use. And that...is something else I will have to live with.

7/19/2011 1:56:10 PM

Comment:
good

Condition: Epileptic Seizure
10/28/2010 6:39:30 AM

Reviewer: stpete, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Dilantin works great for me. But the generic will not. Nobody knows why.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.