Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Dilantin Kapseal oral.

9/20/2008 3:37:33 PM

Reviewer: Luke, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I began having seizures at 24 with no "reason." Dilantin has been my primary anti-seizure med for 9 years now and I only have seizures when I take the generic version or skip multiple doses. I also have problems sleeping and memory issues, I still can not drive, but have ahd 2 healthy sons and am living a "regular" life.

9/7/2008 11:13:04 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
This has kept my husband seizure free for 6 1/2 years so far but we found out that the generic drug to this does not stay in his system for some reason so he has to have name brand only.

8/30/2008 9:15:12 AM

Reviewer: Kari, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have a seizure disorder due to a stroke in 2004. I have been taking 400 mg a day since then. The seizures seem to be under control unless I am under extra stress. I don't know if my short term memory loss is because of the stroke or the meds. I have a lot of joint pain, but all of this is so much better than having the seizures. I am still not allowed to drive. I also have headaches from thi ... Show Full Comment

8/5/2008 10:28:16 PM

Reviewer: Ally, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more

Comment:
I've been taking dilantin for the past 12 yrs. I had always taken the brand name Pfizer and recently my Dr. prescribed another brand that's not Pfizer. Immediately I started to notice that my gums were bleeding excessively at night and I have a hard time sleeping at night. This would never happen to me when I took the brand Pfizer. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

3/16/2008 6:41:01 PM

Reviewer: kelli, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have a seizure disorder; not epilepsy. I am 50 years old and have taken this drug since I was 10 years old. I have been seizure free...during a small time frame, I had a few seizures. The dr's. never could figure out why; I only have had seizures when I am in bed asleep; never in the day. I tried to go off of the meds when I wanted to get preg; had more seizures and went back on it and ... Show Full Comment