Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Tri-Legest Fe oral.

4/26/2014 5:40:13 PM

Reviewer: Lav36, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Good things: no bloating, breasts haven't grown, haven't gained weight, not pregnant, lighter period (2-3 days), no mood swings. However, it's not great for your skin. I think my acne got a bit worse after I started using it.

2/16/2014 10:57:36 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female (Patient)

Comment:
Just like some of the other reviews, I've been on estrostep first-ever. Pharmacy gave me this generic and I'm at the end of my second month taking it. I too feel bloaty all the time, and gassy. Periods seem lighter, abd not as steady as with estrostep. I will be switching back next month

3/26/2013 8:12:15 AM

Reviewer: Lboogie82, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Speaking as a 30 year old woman who has been on every single birth control around trying to find one that WOULDN'T cause break through bleeding (cuz this was a major problem for me being on birth control pills), I can confidently say I have finally found the answer. Every single BCP I have ever been on has always caused break though bleeding for me, but finally I have found the magic bcp. Tr ... Show Full Comment

5/25/2012 1:16:04 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Severe flatulence, gas cramps and mild constipation are my side effects. The fillers in this drug are doing something to me. I don't know if it's lactose fillers or sugar alcohols or what. I'm also a physician and I am aware that other drugs do not have the same effect on me.

9/16/2010 9:33:08 PM

Reviewer: HeatherNS, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I took estrostep for 4 years before I had my son and then started taking it again after he was born. Ive never had problems with estrostep but my pharmacy started giving me the generic tri legest fe. I took it for 3 months and gained 13 pounds! That is alot for me since Im 5'2 and was 115 before that. I also was very gassy and bloated all the time. My stomach pooched out like I was 6 months pr ... Show Full Comment