Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Bystolic Oral.

1/6/2009 4:06:46 PM

Reviewer: BIg D, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
It's a little over a month that I've been on Bystolic. It seems to be working. I went on vacation and missed 3 ddays....I thought I was going to die. I finally got the meds.....the pressure went down. The side effects that I'm having is a lot of chest pain. It felt like my heart was just not working right. On New Years I had to go to the ER because of severe chest pain......the p ... Show Full Comment

12/29/2008 12:11:16 PM

Reviewer: Milo, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed 5 mg. Bystolic to control my blood pressure (130+/80+) and to lower my pulse rate (80-100+, with 70+ being normal). Overnight it worked to bring my readings down to well within normal ranges. The only problem I had was that the first week I took it, the following day I would suddenly go to sleep without warning, alarming to say the least. As instructed, I took half a tablet instea ... Show Full Comment

12/26/2008 9:15:35 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
slowed heartbeat but did not help pressure

12/20/2008 10:39:12 PM

Reviewer: cindy, 55-64 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had numerous side effects for the first 3-4 months with Bystolic, but all but one has subsided: it does make my sleeping very light, and I often can't sleep more than 5 hours. Consequently, my doctor prescribed an SSRI anti-depressant, Lexapro, which completely regulates my seratonin and makes me sleep well. Otherwise, Bystolic is great and has completely lowered my BP.

12/19/2008 3:39:44 PM

Reviewer: john, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
it is not working

man rubbing painful knee