Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Bystolic Oral.

8/3/2008 1:23:29 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Started taking this medication in April 2008 for irregular heartbeat and high blood pressure. I have noticed a 10 lb weight gain, lack of energy and am having discomfort and swelling in my joints. My joints in my shoulders hurt so bad at night I have trouble sleeping. I am not sure if the joint pain is associated or not. Has anyone else had this type of side effect while on this med?

7/29/2008 8:36:24 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
this is an expensive drug even with ins. my husband was atenolol,we thought it was great, he was on it well over 3 yrs. this drug however, makes him really irratable, tired all the time and it is chronic.i think drs. put new meds on their patients so they can reap the benefits of trips and cash for endoring/subscribing new meds to their patients. tired of him being a guenie pig.

7/27/2008 3:42:10 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
chest pain and not effective

7/23/2008 1:56:26 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I feel discomfort in my chest when I swallow food or drink. I feel like I have indigestion all the time. I am constently tired. Rashes appeared on the nape of my neck and arms. Severe headaches in the evening time in the the first week. Gained weight also (not liking that). All this and I've only been on the medication two weeks.

7/8/2008 9:05:17 AM

Reviewer: Seanshan1997, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My blood pressure at its highest was 200/112. I've been on Bystolic 10mg for about 2 months. My last blood pressure reading was 120/65. The first week or so on the med. I felt some mild dizziness, some mild diarreha. This decreased with time. I do notice that when I go to my exercise class, I sometimes feel faint and have to stop what I'm doing. I believe this is due to the Bystolic ... Show Full Comment

Heart-Shaped Fried Egg
Can you benefit from them?
How to make the best choices for you.
Adult man lying awake in bed
How to recognize them.
smiling woman
Fight the effects of getting older.
chicken and veggie kabobs
What are you eating tonight?