Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Tegretol oral.

8/31/2014 5:37:10 AM

Reviewer: Olivia , 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was given Tegretol after having several mild seizures and after just one week of taking the drug I had my first grand mal seizure. In the space of the 2 months I was on the drug I had 4 grand mal seizures, 15 fitting seizures, 8 stiffness seizures and my absences increased to multiple times an hour. After this my neurologist changed my prescription to Keppra and after some experimenting with dos ... Show Full Comment

6/23/2014 5:27:31 PM

Reviewer: akaReba, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on this drug since I was 7 or 8, about 24 years. I've never had any side effects (that I know of). I take 600mg XR in the morning and in the evening. I can go a few extra hours without it being a problem, but after about 3-4 hours I'll start having seizures. Can't say anything bad about it.

4/9/2014 7:38:13 PM

Reviewer: Tegretol, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Brain tumor surgery (Meningioma) in 1986. When I take my Tegretol consistently on the same daily schedule I can never worry about a seizure. If I mix up my my set time I will have a problem with having a seizure occasionally. I have my iphone alarm set to remind me daily.

3/11/2014 2:04:25 AM

Reviewer: Ddwtoman, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Won't stop my auras . Have tried others and don't know what else to try. So tired.

9/21/2013 12:26:21 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This was the first drug I was given after being diagnosed epileptic. Right away, I suffered a lot of side effects. Felt sick to my stomach, twitchy eyes, shaky, unstable. About 3 weeks in to the treatment, I had an allergic reaction. My body broke out in an aweful rash, head to toe. I suffered extreme burning and itching, redness, swelling, and some of my skin was covered in blisters. After a week ... Show Full Comment

neti pot
6 steps for nasal irrigation.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
woman walking in fog
12 tips for managing your disease.
Woman running
10 ways to boost your metabolism.
What are the top ones?