Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Pristiq oral.

2/3/2009 7:34:45 PM

Reviewer: fletch barker, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I started with 50 mg, increased to 50 mg twice daily, and then full 150 mg once per day. Side effects included severe bladder spasms @ 1 min intervals 24/7. Treated symptoms with Cipro. No infection present. Stopped Pristiq and symptoms disappeared within 30 hours.

1/31/2009 8:44:08 AM

Reviewer: Jeff1818, 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Be careful with antidepressants. My doctor thought I could benefit from this medication and frankly I did too. But, this medication worsened my mood, made me feel numb, made it difficult to think straight, I lost my appetite entirely, lost sexual functionality, and had me seriously thinking about suicide for the first time in my life. I stopped the medication 2 days ago. So far I haven't h ... Show Full Comment

1/27/2009 11:05:21 PM

Reviewer: poison, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been taking prozac for a long time for depression and my docter switched me to this medicine cause he told me new things have come out and will be better he put me on the pristiq pill and it only took a few days my stomach just wasn't right i assumed I had the stomach flu and was sick in bed for days then when i ate a sandwich my stomach was so bloated and felt so bad like I had eaten a ... Show Full Comment

1/20/2009 2:37:02 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I suffer from SAD and this medication has worked wonders for me this winter. I have had a couple of side effects excessvie sweating and vivid dreams but overall this medication has been a tremendous help. I am very glad my physican put me on this.

1/19/2009 6:11:04 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Dr changed from lexapro and within 10 days i felt a marked improvement in energy level and thought process. Excellent medication for me!