Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Pristiq oral.

8/10/2008 3:47:58 PM

Reviewer: Tim O., 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this medication for 2 weeks now. It seems to be helping with my severe days of depression. I feel however that it is keeping my blood pressure high. I am taking Lotril 5/10mg for my blood pressure and it is not working.

8/3/2008 10:34:58 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
It caused me to be very tired no matter what time of day I took the medication. It also caused an increase in irritability and anziety. I could not function at work on this due to the fatigue.

8/3/2008 3:37:16 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Had a horrible anaphylactic (allergic) reaction with the first dose which, 4 days later, I'm still trying to recover from. Signs: nausea, mini-seizures. In the ER, I was given Solu-Medrol and Ativan to counteract it, but I don't feel much better yet. Wish I knew what was in it that I'm allergic to. I've taken almost all of the other anti-depressants at one time or another with ... Show Full Comment

7/29/2008 8:30:42 PM

Reviewer: TroubleInParadise, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After taking Celexa, Lexapro, Zoloft and others for 10 years, I felt my depression and overall health getting worse, so I asked for something new. My psychiatrist suggested Pristiq. After only 4 days, I decided to stop taking it because of unbearable night sweats, as well as some daytime sweating. One night, I had to change my sweat-soaked PJs three times and then try to sleep wrapped in a towel. ... Show Full Comment

7/27/2008 10:12:47 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
after being on zoloft,effexor,prozac...I see a difference...it is a great drug for my depression...and my ins covers it unlike when effexor first came out.