Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Pristiq oral.

8/3/2008 3:37:16 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Had a horrible anaphylactic (allergic) reaction with the first dose which, 4 days later, I'm still trying to recover from. Signs: nausea, mini-seizures. In the ER, I was given Solu-Medrol and Ativan to counteract it, but I don't feel much better yet. Wish I knew what was in it that I'm allergic to. I've taken almost all of the other anti-depressants at one time or another with ... Show Full Comment

7/29/2008 8:30:42 PM

Reviewer: TroubleInParadise, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After taking Celexa, Lexapro, Zoloft and others for 10 years, I felt my depression and overall health getting worse, so I asked for something new. My psychiatrist suggested Pristiq. After only 4 days, I decided to stop taking it because of unbearable night sweats, as well as some daytime sweating. One night, I had to change my sweat-soaked PJs three times and then try to sleep wrapped in a towel. ... Show Full Comment

7/27/2008 10:12:47 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
after being on zoloft,effexor,prozac...I see a difference...it is a great drug for my depression...and my ins covers it unlike when effexor first came out.

7/27/2008 3:03:41 AM

Comment:
I have noticed a terrible headache with this drug. Switched from effexor after almost 8 years. I do not like it. I am irritable and can not sleep without sleeping meds. I don't want to cycle my life around a medicine.

7/26/2008 12:27:03 AM

Reviewer: kathy60158, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was put on this medicine after 8 years on Effexor XR. After taking this for two weeks I noticed that my depression is getting worse. I have started back crying and beginning to think of sucide again. I plan to talk to my doctor as soon as possible and get another medicine since it appears this one is not helping at all.

sore foot
3 warning signs.
mature woman holding fan in face
Symptoms and treatments.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms and treatment.
man behind computer screen
10 possible causes.
Woman with itchy watery eyes
Common triggers.
man screaming
Making sense of symptoms.
human liver